Sunday 3 July 2016

Geylang Bazaar 2016 YES's and NO's

Because of the construction work beside the train station, there is a need to walk one big round to get to the bazaar. So what my friend and I did was, we turned right after walking out of Exit A and walked around the construction. The walk is about 5 minutes long so just see it as a way of burning some fats before your sinful indulgence at the bazaar! After walking around, there is a traffic light to cross to get there. It's pretty obvious where the bazaar is because of all the colorful street lights. The first thing you should see when you cross the road is a henna shop and that was where we started our food trip!



1) NO to hennas

My friend decided to get a henna at the start and I should have stopped her. Because it got really messy; she kept on smudging the pigment on her food and hands. It was extremely inconvenient especially when the bazaar was crowded. However, if you really do want a henna, it is recommended to get it at the end of the day.


2) YES to Ramly Burgers

Ok so there are numerous Ramly burger stalls at the bazaar, which isn't surprising. So which one sells the best Ramly Burger, you ask? I've only tried the burgers at two stalls so I'll compare on those. The first Ramly burger stall is just a stone's throw away from the henna shop (face the henna shop and turn right). The sauce in the burger wasn't very strong but the beef was 10/10! At first, we were hesitant about consuming it because it looked like rare beef (it was our first ramly burger) but there were no regrets after taking a bite.



The second shop is up ahead. This time we tried the chicken burger. I preferred the beef patty over chicken but the sauce in this stall was the bomb. I think it was concocted with mayonnaise and chilli sauce but whatever it was, it was delicious! If I were to come here again, I'd go for the beef burger at the second stall. 



3) YES to BackAlley

BackAlley is no doubt my favourite stop of the night as they sold churros and thai iced tea! Who would say no to churros and thai iced tea like seriously. The churros were freshly fried and tasted so good. It was crispy and hot on the outside while soft on the inside. The amount of cinnamon icing and oreo powder used was really generous too.



4) NO to Cotton Candy Ice Cream

Before going to the bazaar, I saw a blogpost that gives shout outs to the nicest foods in the bazaar and this little devil here was one of the top ten. But take my word for it and do not buy this. It was such a mess eating it. The whole of my left hand got sticky just from holding the cup and what made it worse was the melting of the cotton candy. There was sugar all over my pants, shoes and worst of all my camera. Trying to devour the entire thing quickly was just insane. 



5) NO to bags

I mean like, what's there to even bring to a bazaar? Moreover, it gets in the way because of how insanely crowded the place is. There's also the risk of other people or yourself spilling food all over your bag, so really there isn't a point in bringing one. 


I'd definitely go back to eat more :-)

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts