Tuesday 1 August 2017

FatBoy, Make Your Own Burger: Food Review

Yo i'm back with another irregular blog post. Recently i went to FatBoy at Serangoon Gardens for lunch and before that I had no idea what FatBoy offered. Besides the usual burgers for sale, they have a make your own burger section for greedy fat boys (pun intended) like me.


It's pretty obvious why the restaurant is called FatBoy because there are no just vegetables on the menu. So if you're accompanying your friends thinking you can order a bowl of salad then you'll be disappointed to hear that the only vegetables given is a small piece of lettuce and a slice of tomato that comes with every plate of burger. Guess it's time to break that diet that you're gonna break eventually right.

There were so many things I wanted to try on the menu like the beef chilli fries but no one wanted to share it with me. The burgers on their menu looked really good but I felt like the DIY burger was the main attraction of the bar so I settled for a huge DIY burger.


For the DIY burger, you get the choose the type of buns, meat, sides and sauce. I chose honey oats as my bun, but tbh I think all the buns taste the same. For the meat, they offered the usual beef and chicken and I was delighted to see that they offered lamb too. I was a little skeptical at first because I've never even heard of a lamb burger, let alone taste it but I was so glad I got over it and ordered it because it was so so amazing. For the sides I ordered spam, jalapenos, caramelized onions, guacamole and chilli queso and blue cheese dressing as the sauce. This totaled up to about $21.


My friend ordered this really weird (but I shall not judge) burger which had a slice of pineapple and peanut butter and she kept on telling me how good it was and how the bread tasted like chocolate with the peanut butter. But I guess that's what's so good about the place because they have a huge variety of sides and sauces that you can mix and match to concoct a burger of your liking!


I really liked the overall ambiance of the place. It was dimly lit and it wasn't crowded at all even though it was during lunch time on a Sunday. The only downside to this place is that it's kinda inconvenient to go to but I guess if it was at a mall the cozy atmosphere that FatBoy has would be really different.

Ratings:
Food: 9/10
Ambiance: 9/10
Service: 9/10

https://www.fatboys.sg/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts