Thursday 1 September 2016

Marche (Somerset 313): Food Review


Before going to Marche I thought that it was an international restaurant but it turns out that it's a FULL Swiss restaurant. (I still find that pretty funny) So yeah the first thing you should know before going to Marche is that it's a Swiss restaurant.


ROSTI
The night before going to Marche, I was talking to a few friends and I casually told them that I'd be going to Marche the next day and I swear everyone told me to try the Rosti and so it was the first dish I bought with my friend. It was kinda disappointed because I expected it to be super super super good because my friends were all so hyped up about it. I mean it was delicious but I wouldn't consider it as mouth-watering-I'd-kill-people-to-eat-it food. 




SALMON & BABY SPINACH PASTA GRATIN
We were contemplating between seafood and pasta and we knew that this was the dish to choose as it had both and we did not regret it. And it was really funny when we were eating this because I thought that there was meat in the cheese. Like I swear the cheese tasted and felt like ham but I couldn't find any. It was only after finishing my portion when I realized that it was probably just that the layer of cheese was quite thick.



TODAY'S TEA
A little something to wash the first two dishes down. Being a super indecisive person, I went for Today's Tea which had four ingredients which I could not remember.  I recommend going for Today's Tea rather than whatever tea you plan to get because the combination of tea is like a special Marche thing that you probably can't get at other places



SMOKED SALMON CREPE
I'm not really a savoury crepe kind of person but when I saw this on the menu, I went 'dude we're getting the salmon crepe ok.' It was tasty but halfway through my portion, I was filling kinda stuffed which made me regret not getting the Caesar Salad instead. 



TRUFFLE CAKE
No matter how full I was, there's always room in my stomach for dessert. This cake was chocolate paradise melting in my mouth. The texture and taste and everything in the cake was just MMMmmMMmmmM. However, I feel like the chef should've made the cocoa powder bitter so that there'll be a balance of sweet and bitter. 



My Ratings
Service: nil (it's self service)
Food: 8/10
Ambience: 8/10


Total: 8/10





No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts