Friday 17 June 2016

Hungry Heroes: Food Review

I'm not really a fan of superheroes but that's not stopping me from visiting a superhero themed cafe! The atmosphere there was great- really vintage, collectable kind of feel and it was quite spacious as well. 



The interior designs and decorations really scream SUPERHERO!




And I really really loved their table mats like omg they put so much effort into everything. I wonder if they update it once in a while because it is a newspaper after all.


I thought that the price was reasonable for a character cafe and the food was quite delicious too. 



Ribeye $30

The quality of the fries were inconsistent as my dad's fries were gritty and dry compared to mine and I didn't really like the steak because it was too chewy. 


Johnny's Inferno Spicy Pork Ribs $21/39

I really loved this dish. The spiciness was just right and I can tell because I cry whenever I eat too spicy. The texture of the ribs were amazing- tender but not too soft. I remember eating ribs at this other restaurant which was too soft. It felt like I was eating chinese-styled boiled pork ribs.


The Roost $21

The fried chicken wasn't too oily or fried, just the way I like it because I'm health conscious. Also, the sauce in the burger really matched the taste of the chicken.


Sesame Cheesecake $7.50

Okay this dish is a must try if you're going to Hungry Heroes. It has the texture of Japanese tofu cheesecake. However, the texture wasn't the only thing that made this dish so unforgettable. There's a perfect balance of bitterness and sweetness between the sesame flavoured cream cheese and the chocolate drizzle on the plate. I think I'll just order cheesecake after cheesecake instead of the main course on my next visit.

I really liked the cafe because it wasn't crowded at all. It was on a Sunday night but still there were empty seats, thus it wasn't noisy.




My Ratings
Service: 10/10
Food: 8/10
Ambience: 10/10


Total: 9/10


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts