Saturday 16 January 2016

Grand Canyon Tour

Hmm, Grand Canyon ok very interesting  was my reaction when my dad first told me about it. I was quite uncertain about the idea because what's so interesting about a pile of dumb rocks. Well that pile of dumb rocks comes with different interesting photo points, historical facts and a deep trench that one can jump into anytime they want :) Also, it serves as a great escape place from the bustling city lifestyle as the canyon is a great place for hiking and for chilling on the edge of a clliff to have a picnic.

As we had never been to the Grand Canyon before, it was better to join a one day tour group to ensure our safety is taken care of. 
http://www.grand-adventures.com/#./west-rim-skywalk-tours

Starting of our journey was a picture at the Welcome to Las Vegas sign, followed by breakfast at the golden arches, which was really just Mcdonalds. Chad tried his best to glorify the fast food restaurant. I have to say it was the best Mcdonalds meal I've ever had. Firstly, the menu is 90% different from the one in Singapore. Also, Chad delivered our food and cleared the table personally. Table service in Mcdonalds! I'm sure not many people have experienced that before,


After a two hour car journey, we finally arrived at Grand Canyon. Our first destination was at Eagle Point where the SkyWalk was located at. At first I thought it was called Ego Point until I saw the sign at the location. The place got its name from these two rocks that resembles an eagle's wings.


I thought the SkyWalk was a super cool glass-floored bridge that connects from one end of the canyon to the other but the real deal was truly disappointing. Instead of what I had expected, the attraction was this tiny circular walking area, no more than a 10 meter radius with a glass floor so scratched and dirty it barely feels like I'm walking on air. This was probably why we were not allowed to bring any objects into the Skywalk to prevent more detoriation of the glass. Even so, Chad managed to snap a few photos of us on the Skywalk.



While waiting for the other tourists, we had plenty of time to take many insta-worthy photos.


 

Our next destination one stop away from Eagle Point to learn about the Native American Tribal Structures. As Chad grew up in environments like these, he was able to share some interesting facts and information.



Afterwards, we began our hike. Just a tip for all of you: wear dark colored clothes as you might have to climb up some rocks to take a good photo and to wear sports shoe or old shoes as it might get scratched or dirty. I really enjoyed the walk around Grand Canyon because it was the only chance I had to exercise this trip and who wouldn't enjoy climbing around right? To be honest I was probably the only one in our group that had fun climbing up the rocky slope. It was no kick for sporty men like me hehe.


I could tell that Chad was really passionate about his job as he shared all the interesting photo points that we came across and offered to take photographs for us.






All those walking actually made me lose my appetite during lunch and the ice cold sandwiches certainly did not help. There were also cheese crackers, grapes and chocolate chip cookies but wouldn't it be better if we had a bowl of steamy hot noodles instead?

Our final destination was Hoover Dam. At that time I was already exhausted but I couldn't resist not spamming photos of the gorgeous scenery in front of me. I thought that the dam was pretty cool since many places rely on it's water and generated energy.


Although the Grand Canyon tour was exhausting as hell, it was the most fun I had in Las Vegas and I really recommend that all of you visit it, be it with a tour group or alone. However, for safety reasons, I think that going with an experience guide will be better as there may be some places that are out of bounds and hazardous. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts